— EAGLE, COLORADO —
This is Mushroom and
Wild food Country
August 5-7 2022
a Mushroom Theme
Eagle, Colorado Mushroom and Wild Food Festival Returns
We are excited to host the 14th Annual Eagle Mushroom and Wild Food Festival which returns this year bringing notable national experts in mushroom and wild food foraging, cuisine, cultivation, preservation and adventuring to our small Western Slope town. Experts include Larry Evans, Katrina Blair, Ken Kassenbrock, Trent Blizzard, John Sir Jesse and Jon Sommer.
Festival venues are clustered in the commercial village of Eagle Ranch and the surrounding area.
Color Coffee Roasters and Knapp Harvest will commence the festival on Friday evening with a Meet N’ Greet followed by a Natural Wine Tasting. Saturday morning will include educational presentations at the Capitol Theater. The Zealous School will host two Cooking Classes on Saturday afternoon.
New for 2022, a free concert will take place in Town Park with a festival band providing a unique musical experience. A light supper with a mushroom ragu and pasta along with a variety of mushrooms as part of a saute bar will be available for purchase. Exhibitors will be showcasing their mushroom-related products and more.
TiAmo, a new restaurant in Eagle, but not new to Eagle Valley as their EagleVail location has been a popular dining destination for residents and visitors for decades. TiAmo promises to provide a unique dining experience with a menu that’s inkeeping with the weekend’s food theme.
Sunday commences with foray orientation at Color Coffee followed by guided forays into the national Forest Service land south and southeast of the town. Later in the afternoon, the 7 Hermits Brewing hosts mushroom and wild food identification tables with presentations by Larry Evans and Katrina Blair. The evening continues at 7 Hermits with a light buffet and live music in celebration of mushrooms and wild food that abounds in our local forest.
Please join us at the 2022 Eagle Mushroom and Wild festival in a celebration of the natural world and its bounty in our mountain community.
- Experience an exciting, informative and memorable weekend at the festival. Events include:
- Friday August 5
- Meet N’ Greet – Friday 5 – 6:00 pm
- Wine Tasting – Friday 7 – 9 p.m.
- Saturday August 6th
- Classes/Presentations at Capitol Theatre – Saturday 8:30 – noon
- Cooking Classes – Zealous Schools – Saturday 12:15 – 2 p.m. & 2:30 – 4:15 p.m.
- Town Park Festivities – live music, food, exhibitors – 5 – 10 p.m.
- Town Park Mushroom Sauté bar and food tasting – 5 – 7pm
- TiAmo Dinner – Saturday, 6:30 – 9 p.m.
- Sunday August 7th
- Guided forays – Sunday 8:30 a.m – 3 p.m.
- Mushroom & Wild Food Identification – Sunday 3 – 4:30 pm
- Festival Celebration with live music – Sunday 4:30 – 6:30 pm